the booking process, a few planning tips and some of my fav vendors
- Send me a note to tell me about the two of you + your wedding vision/vibe
- We’ll chat on the phone, in person (usually over coffee or a drink) or over email to go over all your questions and get to know each other a little better
- To confirm your date, you’ll sign an online contract and pay your retainer
- We will schedule your engagement session, plan location, wardrobe, time and have an amazing adventure together! You’ll have a preview 2-3 days after on social media and gallery delivery in about 2 weeks
- 1 month prior to your wedding, we’ll chat on the phone or in person to review (or create) your timeline and talk details for wedding day so we can prep for everything in advance
- You get married! 2-3 days after you’ll get a couple previews on social media and 6-8 weeks after, you’ll get a link to your full online gallery + a pretty little package in the mail with your USB
- You download your gallery and share, print and enjoy the heck outta reliving your day!
making your day meaningful
It is so easy to become overwhelmed and mentally exhausted when planning an elopement or wedding. One of the first steps in that process is to take the time to talk about what you value as a couple. What matters most? What do you want your day to feel like?
A meaningful day is different for everyone but below are a few tips that can help along your planning journey. In a few years from now, when you’re looking through your wedding photos, I hope you can close your eyes and still remember the words and the moments that made salty tears roll down your cheeks and precious time spent celebrating with loved ones.
- Be Present. It’s easy to let excitement and the craziness of a wedding take over your emotions and before you know it, it’s all over. Being present starts before your day. Instead of focusing on the days until your wedding is finally here, practice mindfulness and cherish each day leading up to your wedding.
- Set expectations with family and friends. Sometimes, the ones you love most can increase the stress and throw your entire vibe off. Taking time to communicate your vision for the day, what matters to you most and how you want your day to flow will help with a peaceful day full of happiness.
- Make sure your timeline isn’t so tight that there’s no room for delays, pauses and alone time for the two of you. Wedding days can easily get off track by the smallest of things. It might happen, and that’s ok.
- Turn off your phone. This goes back to being present… I know you may want to take selfies, or check the time or even send a few texts. This is the most important day and being on your phone is distracting and takes away from your moments. Your family and friends are there for you to lean on for helping with any last minute details. Your photographer is there to capture your day so you can live every second of it. One of my main goals is for my couples to never have to check the time- I’m there to help keep your day flowing smooth and want to take that stress from you so you can enjoy each minute.
- Breathe. I say this so often to all of my couples. Take time to stop, look around and take a breath. Get lost in the moments and really think about what you’re seeing and what you’re hearing/saying. It will go so fast and you’ve planned for so long and after it’s all said and done, you’re getting married. Soak it all in.